These are the terms that govern your use of the Do it Now Now website (the “Site”), the Startups for Africa website (the “SFA Site”), the Africa Network website (the “AN site”) and the DiNN Fund platform (the “Platform”) your relationship with Do it Now Now Ltd (“we”, “us” or “our”). If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”), please do not register for, apply to, or use the Site, SFA Site, NA Site or Platform, collectively referred to as “the Sites” or as “Do it Now Now Sites”.
Do It Now Now Sites’ Privacy Statement
We don’t overcomplicate things. Creating a community for our founders and incredible donors is busy enough without a lot of red tape and hushed conversations! Hence, we truly enjoy making things as transparent as possible. When you know what’s up, it’s a lot easier for you to get involved.“ We respect your privacy; we adopted Privacy by Design. It is a way of thinking about and acting in favour of your privacy in advance by building proper privacy structures into the foundation of the web platform.
We wrote this privacy statement to help you understand your rights, our obligations and outline how data is treated when you interact with the website.
We’d like to summarize our approach to privacy in a few commitments to you:
- Clearly express our privacy statement and keep it up to date – last updated July 22nd 2016.
- Only collect information with your consent to that is necessary to perform the functions and activities You have agreed to.
- Make sure to implement practices, procedures and systems to comply with the Data Protection Act (ICO registration number ZA192847) and the upcoming European General Data Protection Regulation.
- Explain in plain language the type and mechanism of information collected.
- Advise you of the purpose for which your information is collected, stored, used and disclosed.
- Advise you on your rights to information access, rectification and deletion.
- Do our best not to let you down. But you can always remind us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure our 3rd parties are as diligent as we are.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Through the website
The Do it Now Now web platform uses forms to collect contact information. When you contact us, subscribe to the newsletter or join the network we collect the information you provide – that is your:
– Last and first names
– Information you choose to share with us
STORAGE AND DURATION
We’re not hoarders. We only store information on you for as long as you are happy receiving information from us in line with the purposes described below. As soon as you send us a request to stop processing your information we will delete it completely. The website is hosted and some of the services are located outside of EEA.
We will retain information containing personal data:
– to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
– if we believe that the information may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
– in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
The main purpose of information collection is to provide you with our service. We don’t have ulterior motives and your information is not passed or sold to any unaccepted 3rd parties. Look below for the full list. We will only use your information for the following:
– Sending you updates about Do It Now Now (don’t worry no spam)
– Sending you updates about your privacy
– Asking from time to time how we’re doing and sending service updates
To give you the most privacy guarantees and data protection assurance – we carefully reviewed and vetted our 3rd parties. Our third-party service providers do not have any right to use the information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
You have the right to know who these are so without further ado:
– Website building: Google Places API
– Email Marketing Solutions: MailChimp
– Contact and payment form: Wufoo
– Payment provider: PayPal
You can prevent cookies by controlling your in browser functions. Depending on which browser you are using to view this page now, it will have its own way on managing and deleting cookies.
DONATIONS AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION
We run a tight ship on data protection at Do It Now Now. We perform staff trainings on the value of personal information and we also have internal data protection documents that everyone abides by. Rest assured, not all staff get access to data – only selected personnel with the highest admin privileges. On a day to day basis we use encryption to add extra levels of security.
Everything starts and ends with your consent. If you do not agree to some of the purposes listed above, you can opt out at any moment. You have to know what you’re signing up to and we’re being very open about it. If you require additional and personalised help understanding Do It Now Now’s privacy statement or the services – we are very happy to hear from you via email. Please email us on email@example.com.
You have the right to
– Modify and/or
Your data. If you have any queries, requests or questions please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We are required to get back to you within 20-40 days. We believe that’s too long of a wait for our awesome users and will accordingly aim to get back to you sooner than that.
In the event of a data breach, and if there is risk to your personal information and online privacy, we will notify you.
This service is intended for users over 18. If you suspect that your account or this service is being used by anyone below this age, then write to us immediately on email@example.com.
We may disclose any information in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; to investigate or report illegal activity; or to enforce our rights or defend claims. We may also transfer your information to another company in connection with a corporate restructuring, such as a sale or merger.
WHO WE ARE
Name: Do it Now Now Ltd.
UK Company Registration Number: 10165356
UK Information Commissioner’s Office registration number: ZA192847
Address: 120, 29 Abercorn Place, London, NW8 9DT
To find out more about Do it Now Now’s legal standing, please click through to one of the pages listed below.